Hey Australia! Not long now…
Disney Plus will launch on Nov. 12 in the US, Canada and the Netherlands. It’ll launch a week later, on Nov. 19, in Australia and New Zealand It’s expected to be available in all major markets within the first two-years.
How much is it?
$8.99 a month! Or $89 a year, which makes it about $7.41 a month. Saving you nearly $19. No tier streams (no extra for different quality content)
What’s on it?
There’ll be 7500 episodes of TV content in the first year and about 500 films. It will be organised into five sections… Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic. While we don’t know it all, we know enough:
- All MCU films, including Avengers Endgame at launch.
- New Marvel shows.. Falcon and Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki…
- Due to Sony’s Spider-Man rights.. Doesn’t look like we’ll see Tom Holland’s Spider-Man on this list.
- The Simpsons – all thirty seasons
- Star Wars galore – including The Mandalorian.
- Current contractual deals with other streaming services will see a delay on some films, including The Last Jedi and Solo: A Star Wars Story… Expected by the end of the year.
- All the Disney classics, Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella.
- The Lion King, Aladdin, Maleficent.
- Animation… everything Pixar… Toy Story etc.
- Lady and The Tramp live action film.
- Avatar – with half a dozen more films to come.
- 90s Marvel Comics X-Men animated series
- The Muppets.
- Disney classics: Lizzie McGuire, High School Musical.
- Malcolm in the Middle
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, at National Geographic production…
You’ll be able to download all content, enabling you to watch it offline.
There’s a THREE HOUR trailer on Disney’s YouTube channel:
Where to watch?
Consumers will be able to subscribe to Disney+ directly or via in-app purchase and start streaming from the following partner platforms:
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc).
- Google (Android phones, Google Chromecast, Smart TV);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (including Sony TVs and PS4);
- Internet Browsers
Get reminders – head to the Disney Plus twitter account – you can like some of their latest posts to be notified whenever there’s a new episode of the show you want to watch. https://twitter.com/disneyplus